A few months back I purchased of one of Rimmel's Apocalips Lip Lacquers in she shade Stellar... I then realised that - although mentioned it in a few make-up looks - I've never actually completed a review.. (I know, I know.. I lose blogging points for this mistake).
For those who don't know, the Apocalips Lip Lacquers collection combines the pigmentation & lasting power of a lipstick with the application of a gloss. Now I'll admit that when I hear the words "lip gloss" I usually have intense flashbacks to being a new-to-make-up teenager who had to deal with sticky packaging & constantly peeling hair off my lips *thanks wind*. However since discovering this product those awful teenage memories have been long forgotten & a new favourite now sits amongst my lipsticks.
|Please excuse how grumpy I look here - apparently taking photos before work isn't the best time.|
- Packaging: One of the main things that catches my eye about the packaging of this product is how it slowly progresses from hot pink (showing off the product colour) to black. In my opinion this is far more attractive than the option of all black or all pink.
- Finish/Colour Pay Off: As mentioned above I own the shade "Stellar" which (as you can see from the photos above) is a highly pigmented, bright pink. Obviously if "bright" isn't your thing then I wouldn't recommend this particular product - however if like me you love to experiment with bright shades, this will not disappoint.
- Applicator: Another aspect of this product that really stands out to me is the applicator. Although at first you'll notice the usual, spongy brush- upon closer inspections you'll notice a small cut-out section which allows the product itself to settle in. This allows for an easy application that offers the perfect amount of product.
- Price: Currently retailing at £6.49, this is a tiny bit pricer than Rimmel lipsticks. However in my opinion the extra pound or so is completely worth it for the quality of product.
- Formulation: A silky and creamy formula that is not at all sticky.. What more can you ask for?
- Staying Power: Another great element of this product is that I find it almost stains my lips. Although it doesn't last for a full day (if you take eating/drinking into account) it does last well into the afternoon without too much of the dreaded part-fade & therefore eliminates the "six year old that's eaten way to many ice-lollies" look.
It's pretty clear to see that I have been completely won over by the product & I can honestly say that I can't wait to invest in the gorgeous looking shades... (I can hear my poor bank account groaning already).
Have you ever tried anything from the Apocalips range?
What are your thoughts?
What are your thoughts?