So.. after along week at work I decided that I deserved a little pamper session & my hair deserved a little pick me up. I ran myself a hot bath and then hopped in, all excited to try out my new product (hopefully I'm not the only one who gets excited about these little things...).
I also thought this would be the perfect excuse to write a review post.. so here goes.
I forgot to take a photo of my sachet before using it.. oops.
- Price - £1 for a sachet or £4 for 150 ml bottle - very pocket friendly!
- Amount of product - for the price, I found you received a lot of product in the sachet - which is always good. There's nothing worse then feeling ripped off with a small amount of product.
- Coverage- I have a lot of hair. It's thick and pretty long - so I find that I generally need to use a fair amount of conditioner if I want to feel like my hair is getting a good amount of product. The sachet came with more than enough product to cover the mid-lengths & ends of my hair, which is great.
- Packaging - I know, I know "never judge a book by it's cover".. but generally speaking we all know that if something looks nice - especially a beauty product - it's going to draw us in. For a product that is so affordable, I think the packaging is sleek and professional looking. If I wasn't aware of the price, I would have definitely put it up there with the pricier brands. It especially reminds me of the John Freida shampoos/conditioners.
- Soft Hair - This product did leave my hair feeling lovely & soft. My hair doesn't tend to get greasy.. but it tends to get dry and limp the longer I leave it between washes. So after using this, I can say with confidence that my hair does feel soft again. (Yipeee - dry hair is not a good look for me).
- Fragrance - I'm the type of person who loves my products to smell good.. If it's going on my body, I want it too smell nice. Now I'm not saying this smelt particularly bad, but there was something about it that I wasn't too keen on.
- Living up to my expectations - Even though this was only £1, I think I let myself get a little over-excited (okay.. a lot over excited..) and I half expected this to work some sort of miracle. Don't get me wrong, it definitely did make my hair feel soft - I could feel this even when rinsing my hair - but I think I was expecting some sort of silk effect. This could be more of a "con" on my behalf then that of the product - I suppose I should of known better then to expect miracles.
I hope this explains a little more why I'm so torn. This is a product that is more than affordable and - despite the pocket friendly price - you aren't cheated with small amount of product. However - as I've written above - I let myself be slightly fooled by the the promise of "deep moisture".
Now I need to be 100% honest here - the directions state that you should leave this on your hair for 15 mins. I'll hold my hands up here and admit that I only left this for 10 instead of 15.. I wanted to go the full 15, but the bath was starting to get cold and I was getting a little bored. Maybe if I'd left this that extra 5 mins then I would have seen the results I was expecting.. Who knows?
Overall - I'd say that yes, I would recommend this product. Especially if you're looking for something that won't break the bank. It's something that I'll more than likely purchase again in the future - but not to be used as a real deep moisture surge for my hair.. but perhaps instead as a weekly treatment & as a little pick me up to see away that dryness.
Have you ever used this product?
If so what are your thoughts?
Or if not what is your go to hair mask?
I'd love to know!