However on a recent trip to my local shopping centre I decided to finally make a long-over-due beauty purchase. As a newbie to this range I thought I'd play it relatively safe & go for a liptick - plus you can never have too may lipsticks, right? So with summer just around the corner (well hopefully.. you can never be to sure in England) I decided to go for a gorgeous coral shade known as "falling fast".
I've worn this lipstick a few times since purchasing it & so far I haven't been disappointed.
- Packaging: I love the design of both the box this lipstick originally comes in & lipstick packaging itself. They're both simple however there's something about the chalk effect that makes it stand out from other brands/products.
- Finish/Colour Pay Off: The Topshop website describes this product as having "fabulous colour" and a "matte finish". There's definitely no shine/glimmer from this product but this look can easily be created with a simple layer of gloss. I also agree with that the colour pay off is great. As you can see from the photos above it leaves a gorgeous coral shade to the lips - without looking to bright or orange toned.
- Price: At £8.00 this is a very affordable product & would fit most beauty-lovers budgets.
- Formulation: The lipstick is described as having a "creamy finish" which I'm happy to say I completely agree with. One of my pet peeves is lipsticks that are dry and/or difficult to put on.. but this product feels beautifully moisturising & creamy which makes it easy to apply.
- Fragrance: Although only faint, there's a lovely vanilla scent to this lipstick - always an added bonus!
In my opinion this is the perfect lipstick shade to wear throughout spring/summer if you're looking for a coral that makes a subtle statement without being too out there.
Usually I'm a complete Rimmel girl when it comes to lipsticks & - although I'll still be purchasing Rimmel lipsticks religiously - I'm so excited to try more lipsticks & other products in the Topshop beauty range.
Click here to view Topshop's full beauty range.
Have you tried any Topshop beauty products?
Which is your favourite?